COVID-19: Campus Updates
Given the rapidly changing details around the novel coronavirus, COVID-19, please find details below regarding FPC's steps to promote a virus-free environment and any changes to our campus schedules.
Updates & Videos
FPC Campus and Worship Update from Jim - 09.16.20
COVID-19 & Campus Video Update from Jim - 07.03.20
COVID-19 Update From Jim | 05.06.20
Session Update Video | 04.29.20
FPC COVID-19 Advisory Committee Update | 04.29.20
FPC Ministry Updates | 04.02.20
FPC Ministry Updates | 03.26.20
A Video Message From Jim | Jim Birchfield, Senior Pastor | 03.24.20
COVID-19 Church Update | Andrew Stepp, Executive Pastor | 03.20.20
COVID-19 Video Update | Jim Birchfield, Senior Pastor | 03.17.20
Medical Update | Dr. Manish Shah | 03.15.20
COVID-19 Email Update | Andrew Stepp, Executive Pastor | 03.13.20
New Protection Measures
In light of recent news and the input of our FPC COVID-19 Advisory Team, FPC has implemented the following changes:
- Building hours: Temporary reduction of daily building hours, now 8 AM to 4 PM.
- Sunday worship services: A single worship service broadcast via live stream at 10:45 AM. No on-campus services.
- Weekly events and meetings: Only activities and events the size of a small group will be permitted on campus. Ministry departments will communicate specific schedule changes.
- FPC's Kids Day Out (KDO): KDO has extended its spring break schedule and will be closed from March 13 through April 10. If additional changes are needed, they will be communicated by the KDO staff and posted on the FPC Facility Updates page. Also, please be aware that Presbyterian School has proactively decided to close its campus on March 13 through April 10.
- Ongoing information regarding the Presbyterian School can be found on their Monitoring Corona Virus COVID-19 page.
Staying Connected Remotely
During this season, we hope you will also assist in helping FPC remain a place that welcomes all, is committed to being a community Here to Serve, and remains faithful in sharing the Gospel. Please join us for weekly worship via our 10:45 AM live stream at fpchouston.org/live or on the FPC Facebook page (facebook.com/firstpresbyterian). An additional email will be sent in advance of Sunday with additional details on accessing our live stream.
We also encourage you to take advantage of this unplanned departure from your regular schedule to draw closer to God through our daily messages of encouragement from the FPC Pastoral staff and the Clash of Kingdoms devotional and reflection series, which can both be found on our Discipleship Online page.
What Can You Do?
For the safety of all, our COVID-19 Advisory Team strongly suggests that individuals who fall into one of the categories below utilize opportunities for remote access when participating in meetings and activities:
- Individuals who are immunocompromised, elderly, have diabetes, have heart or lung disease, or other serious chronic diseases
- Individuals who have traveled in the past 14 days to countries with widespread transmission (e.g., China, Iran, Italy, Japan, and South Korea) or to areas in the US with known community transmission of COVID-19
- Individuals who have had confirmed contact in the past 14 days with someone who has COVID-19
- Individuals who have any symptoms of illness, especially fever, cough, or shortness of breath