COVID-19: Campus Updates
Please find details below regarding FPC's steps to promote a virus-free environment and any changes to our campus schedules.
Updates & Videos
FPC COVID-19 Protocol Update - 05.24.21
COVID-19 & Campus Update From Jim - 03.04.21
FPC Campus and Worship Update from Jim - 09.16.20
COVID-19 & Campus Video Update from Jim - 07.03.20
COVID-19 Update From Jim | 05.06.20
Session Update Video | 04.29.20
FPC COVID-19 Advisory Committee Update | 04.29.20
FPC Ministry Updates | 04.02.20
FPC Ministry Updates | 03.26.20
A Video Message From Jim | Jim Birchfield, Senior Pastor | 03.24.20
COVID-19 Church Update | Andrew Stepp, Executive Pastor | 03.20.20
COVID-19 Video Update | Jim Birchfield, Senior Pastor | 03.17.20
Medical Update | Dr. Manish Shah | 03.15.20
COVID-19 Email Update | Andrew Stepp, Executive Pastor | 03.13.20
Updated FPC COVID-19 Protocols
UPDATED JUNE 4, 2021
The safety of our staff, church members, ministry partners, and guests that visit our campus is our utmost priority. As we continue to navigate through this pandemic, the following protocols are required of anyone that enters the First Presbyterian Church building.
- Two-points-of-entry: Everyone will be required to either enter and exit through the Welcome Center or Palm Court unless there is an emergency.
- Face Masks: A mask will be required in all areas where there are children. In other areas of FPC, masks are optional based on your comfort level.
- Contact Tracing: If you become aware that you or someone attending your event has been on the FPC campus within a 14-day window of a positive COVID-19 diagnosis or close contact with someone who has tested positive for an active infection, we ask that you contact our Chief Operating Officer, Hunter Johnson at email@example.com.
- Hospitality: Food should be prepackaged. Food from an outside source is allowed to be brought in.
We realize that these are unprecedented and volatile times, and while we continue to navigate through this pandemic, FPC Leadership may at any time need to modify these protocols or cancel an event.
We thank you in advance for your understanding, cooperation, and following these guidelines.
SUMMER BUILDING HOURS
Monday-Friday | 8 AM to 5 PM
Saturday | 8 AM to 4 PM
Sunday | 7 AM to 2 PM
SUNDAY WORSHIP SERVICES
In-Person Traditional | 10:45 AM | Sanctuary
In-Person Contemporary | 10:45 AM | Grand Hall
Online Traditional | 10:45 AM | fpchouston.org/live
Online Contemporary | 10:45 AM | fpchouston.org/live
EVENTS & MEETINGS
Only activities and events the size of a small group will be permitted on campus. Ministry departments will communicate specific schedule changes.
Ongoing information regarding the Presbyterian School can be found on their COVID-19 Response page.
What Can You Do?
For the safety of all, our COVID-19 Advisory Team strongly suggests that individuals who fall into one of the categories below utilize opportunities for remote access when participating in meetings and activities:
1. In the last 14 days have you or anyone you live with had any new onset of the following symptoms, which you usually do not experience with a chronic condition you may have?
- Fever (>100.5°F, >38.0°C)
- Cough (not due to seasonal allergies)
- Shortness of breath
- Loss of smell
- Loss of taste
- Muscle aches
- Sore throat
- Runny nose (not due to seasonal allergies)
- Abdominal pain
2. In the last 14 days have you had close contact with a person who had a confirmed positive test for being actively infected with the virus that causes COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2) while not wearing personal protective equipment?
3. In the past 14 days have you tested positive for active infection with the virus that causes COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2)?