Main Street Fellows Program Details and Commitment
The Fellowship runs from September 6, 2019 - May 16, 2020.
It includes weekly 1.5-hour meetings (Monday evenings or Tuesday mornings), monthly Saturday sessions, and three weekend retreats.
The required weekend retreats are scheduled for:
- September 6-7, 2019
- January 10-11, 2020
- May 15-16, 2020.
This fee helps offset program expenses, including all reading materials and overnight retreats. Scholarships are available. Included:
- 14 theological books
- Devotional resources
- Access to your own online learning platform which tracks your progress and includes the devotionals, audio materials, and supplemental readings.
- Three weekend retreats (1-2 nights accommodation, all meals, and resources per retreat)
The application period opens February 1, 2019, and the deadline for submission is May 5, 2019. The admissions committee selects fellows who best demonstrate:
- Ability to fulfill the responsibilities of the program
- Desire to grow spiritually, personally, and professionally
- Commitment to the city of Houston
Benefits to the Fellows:
- Increased gospel worldview depth and sustainability
- Developing a defined sense of mission for early career and beyond
- Developing a strategy for cultural renewal
- Opportunity to learn from experienced Christian leaders
- Exposure to the arts, cultural events, mercy/justice outreach
- Relationships with instructors, mentors, and speakers
- Community-based learning
- An integrated curriculum on theology, worldview, and faith and work
- Guest lecturers
- Group discussions and collaborative learning
- Guided devotional and spiritual formation
- Relationships with seasoned Christians active in the various spheres in the marketplace
- Cultural and artistic events in the City