Summer Discipleship Online
Can't make a Sunday School class this summer? Join the Intersections class online for a summer study of the book “You Are What You Love” by James K. A. Smith. Smith’s main message is that worship is the foundational thing we do as Christians to orientate us towards God and as such, it is our most important task and ritual as a church.
During this study, the book will be covered in seven sessions – one for each chapter and a summary session at the end. Below is a list of each chapter and the corresponding topic. Recordings and study materials for the weekly lesson will be added each Monday following the Sunday School class:
- Chapter 1: You Are What You Love (taught Sunday, June 9)
- Chapter 2: You Might Not Love What You Think (taught Sunday, June 16)
- Chapter 3&4: The Spirit Meets You Where You Are (taught Sunday, June 23)
- Chapter 5: Guard Your Heart (taught Sunday, June 30)
NO CLASS ON JULY 7
- Chapter 6: Teach Your Children Well (taught Sunday, July 14)
- Chapter 7: You make what you want. (taught Sunday, July 21)
- Summary: Worship is Everything (July 28)
Coming in August
Join us this August (8/4, 8/11, and 8/18) for the All Church Sunday School series, Walking in Wisdom: How Proverbs Applies to Your Workplace, Your Relationships, and Your Life. This class will be held in the Mini Gym on the FPC campus.