COVID-19: Campus Updates
Please find details below regarding FPC's steps to promote a virus-free environment and any changes to our campus schedules.
FPC COVID-19 Protocols
Updated Aug. 22, 2021
- Weekday and Saturday entry is limited to the Welcome Center and Palm Court entrances. Sunday entrances also include Sanctuary and Youth entrances.
*Except in the case of an emergency.
- Masks required for all in-person worship services.
- Masks required for all children 11 and under, presently ineligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccine, when attending worship and Sunday School classes. Ages 0-3 exempt.
- All volunteers serving in our Children's ministry are required to wear masks.
- All students (12 and older) and volunteers in our Middle School and High School ministries are encouraged to wear masks.
Hospitality: Food should be prepackaged. Food from an outside source is allowed to be brought in.
Contact Tracing: If you become aware that you or someone attending your event has been on the FPC campus within a 14-day window of a positive COVID-19 diagnosis or close contact with someone who has tested positive for an active infection, we ask that you please notify our Chief Operating Officer, Hunter Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The safety of our staff, members, ministry partners, and guests that visit our campus is our utmost priority. Thank you in advance for your adherence to these guidelines.
Updates & Videos
FPC COVID-19 Protocol Update - 05.24.21
COVID-19 & Campus Update From Jim - 03.04.21
FPC Campus and Worship Update from Jim - 09.16.20
COVID-19 & Campus Video Update from Jim - 07.03.20
COVID-19 Update From Jim | 05.06.20
Session Update Video | 04.29.20
FPC COVID-19 Advisory Committee Update | 04.29.20
FPC Ministry Updates | 04.02.20
FPC Ministry Updates | 03.26.20
A Video Message From Jim | Jim Birchfield, Senior Pastor | 03.24.20
COVID-19 Church Update | Andrew Stepp, Executive Pastor | 03.20.20
COVID-19 Video Update | Jim Birchfield, Senior Pastor | 03.17.20
Medical Update | Dr. Manish Shah | 03.15.20
COVID-19 Email Update | Andrew Stepp, Executive Pastor | 03.13.20
FALL BUILDING HOURS
Monday-Friday | 7 AM to 8 PM
Saturday | 8 AM to 4 PM
Sunday | 8 AM to 2 PM
SUNDAY WORSHIP SERVICES
In-Person Traditional | 10:45 AM | Sanctuary
In-Person Contemporary | 10:45 AM | Grand Hall
Online Traditional | 10:45 AM | fpchouston.org/live
Online Contemporary | 10:45 AM | fpchouston.org/live
Ongoing information regarding the Presbyterian School can be found on their COVID-19 Response page.
What Can You Do?
For the safety of all, our COVID-19 Advisory Team strongly suggests that individuals who fall into one of the categories below utilize opportunities for remote access when participating in meetings and activities:
1. In the last 14 days have you or anyone you live with had any new onset of the following symptoms, which you usually do not experience with a chronic condition you may have?
- Fever (>100.5°F, >38.0°C)
- Cough (not due to seasonal allergies)
- Shortness of breath
- Loss of smell
- Loss of taste
- Muscle aches
- Sore throat
- Runny nose (not due to seasonal allergies)
- Abdominal pain
2. In the last 14 days have you had close contact with a person who had a confirmed positive test for being actively infected with the virus that causes COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2) while not wearing personal protective equipment?
3. In the past 14 days have you tested positive for active infection with the virus that causes COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2)?