This page will serve as a hub for information related to our Covid-19 protocols. Please check back for ongoing updates.
UPDATED ON MAY 3, 2021
We are blessed to say that the FPC campus has now safely reopened. Since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have experienced very few reported cases and no widespread outbreak. We attribute this success to the discipline exhibited by staff, members, and guests in following the COVID-19 safety protocol established with input from our Medical Advisory Team. Be assured that your Session and pastors are closely monitoring information from the Texas Medical Center and will look for opportunities to make ongoing adjustments as the situation allows.
campus safety protocol
- Advance reservations via the "Save A Seat" form are required for all in-person worship services.
- Open Seating: Ushers guide you to a seat of your choice. Social distancing is recommended.
- Masks required at all times.
- Hand sanitizer available at entrances.
- Wellness question posted at entrances for self-check.
"Save a seat" form
We continue to ask that anyone planning to attend worship in person submit a "Save A Seat" form. This allows us to prepare seating for as many congregants as possible. Though seating in our worship is limited due to social distancing guidelines, effective Sunday, May 9, and Sunday, May 23, our seating capacity in each worship space will increase to 50% and 75% respectively. A link to the "Save A Seat"will be available beginning each Monday at 10 AM for the following Sunday.
WHAT TO EXPect
Our in-person worship protocol includes the following:
- Entry and exit doors propped open on Sundays.
- Wellness questions will be visible to allow those entering to self-screen and help identify whether they or someone else may be experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, or who, in the last 14 days, have tested positive for the virus or had close contact with people who tested positive for the virus. See the Individual Screening section below for specifics.
- Masks required for all worship attendees. Mask must entirely cover the mouth and nose, even while singing.
- During worship, people actively who are preaching or speaking from the chancel, or those who are participating in the worship team that day may temporarily remove their masks while singing or speaking at their assigned time.
- Printed items will be limited, and items such as communion elements and offering plates will not be passed hand-to-hand during worship services.
- Children and youth will be required to sit with an adult member of their household, remain properly masked throughout the entire service, and practice appropriate hand hygiene. Childcare is available for children 2 mos-4 years of age. Email email@example.com to register.
- Those singing to lead worship will be spaced at least 12 feet apart from each other and congregants.
On Sunday mornings, Sanctuary access will be limited to a select number of entrances. Anyone entering is asked to review the wellness questions posted outside of designated entrances with respect to having symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 14 days, having received a positive test result, or has been in close contact with others who tested positive for the virus. Screening questions will be available on this page for consideration in advance of a campus visit. We have made the decision not to include a temperature check in our screening process, as it would cause people to be in close proximity to the screener and could pose an infection risk to both the screener and the individual.
Weekday Safety Precautions
To minimize risk and help ensure FPC remains a virus-free environment, the following safety precautions are now in place when visiting the campus during the week:
- Everyone visiting campus is asked to practice hand hygiene and use hand sanitizer upon entering the building.
- Staff and campus visitors must wear a mask that covers their mouth and nose at all times upon entering the building.
- All staff and campus visitors will need to complete an individual screening process that mirrors Sunday mornings.
- Frequently touched surfaces will be cleaned and sanitized or disinfected immediately before and after worship services. Restrooms and common areas will be cleaned twice a day and FPC's cleaning team will circle the campus throughout the day to clean high-touch areas.
- Restrooms are modified to promote physical distancing.
Parking & Entrances
At this time, we request that all visitors utilize either the limited mobility parking spots (if applicable) or the North Lot. Sanctuary doors will be marked for entrance on Sunday mornings. Entrance to campus on weekdays is restricted to Welcome Center doors. At present, only staff and those visiting by appointment are permitted on campus.
- Monday-Friday | 7 AM– 7 PM
- Saturday | 8 AM - 4 PM
- Sunday | 7 AM - 2 PM
Outside of Sunday morning worship FPC buildings remain closed to all but FPC staff and those visiting by appointment.