FPC Reopening Plan
The Pastors and Staff of FPC are excited to reopen campus for in-person worship, and eventually, all ministry activities. To do so in a manner that promotes safety and good health, the FPC Reopening Task Force has prepared a plan that adheres to state and local guidelines, guidance from the Texas Medical Center, and input from the medical professionals on our COVID-19 Advisory Committee.
This page will serve as a hub for information related to our reopening protocols. Please check back for ongoing updates.
In-Person Worship (Updated July 26, 2020)
**In-person worship will resume on Sunday, August 2, with a single 10:45 AM service. Seating will be limited. This weekly service will be a blend of our various worship styles. For those not ready to return to campus, we will also continue to offer our online service via the FPC Live page, Facebook, or YouTube.
"Save a seat" form
We ask that anyone planning to attend worship in person submit a "Save A Seat" form. This allows us to prepare seating for as many congregants as possible. Due to new social distancing guidelines, seating in the sanctuary is limited. A link to the "Save A Seat" form will be posted each Monday at 10 AM for the following Sunday.
WHAT TO EXPect
Our in-person worship protocol will include the following:
- Advance registration to ensure sufficient seating is available as we comply with social distancing guidelines.
- Entry and exit doors propped open on Sundays.
- Verbal screening of those entering to help identify individuals who may be experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, or who, in the last 14 days, have tested positive for the virus or had close contact with people who tested positive for the virus. See the Individual Screening section below for specifics.
- Seating process to be usher-led and orchestrated to allow household units to stay at least six feet apart.
- All worship attendees must wear a mask that entirely covers their mouth and nose, even while singing.
- During worship, people actively who are preaching or speaking from the chancel, or those who are participating in the worship team that day may temporarily remove their masks while singing or speaking at their assigned time.
- Printed items will be limited, and items will not be passed hand-to-hand during worship services. These include bulletins, communion elements, and offering plates.
- Children (5 years and up) and youth will be required to sit with an adult member of their household, remain properly masked throughout the entire service, and practice appropriate hand hygiene. Children 0-4 will not be permitted.
- No on-site Sunday School classes or childcare will be offered at this time.
- There will not be a choir, and those singing to lead worship will be spaced at least 12 feet apart from each other and congregants.
- Anyone who has a confirmed positive test for being actively infected with the virus within 14 days after being in the building is asked to voluntarily notify Harris County Public Health so that the church can collaborate with the County to allow them to contact everyone who attended in-person worship that day.
On Sunday mornings, Sanctuary access will be limited to a select number of entrances. Anyone entering will be verbally screened with questions about the past 14 days with respect to having symptoms of COVID-19, having received a positive test result, or having had close contact with others who tested positive for the virus. Screening questions will be available on this page for consideration in advance of a campus visit. They will also be posted on signs prior to entry to the building. We have made the decision not to include a temperature check in our screening process, as it would cause people to be in close proximity to the screener and could pose an infection risk to both the screener and the individual.
Campus Safety Precautions
To minimize risk and help ensure FPC remains a virus-free environment, the following safety precautions are now in place:
- Everyone visiting campus is asked to practice hand hygiene with hand sanitizer upon entering the building
- Staff and campus visitors must wear a mask that covers their mouth and nose at all times upon entering the building.
- All staff and campus visitors will need to complete an individual screening process that mirrors Sunday mornings.
- Printed items will be limited. Worship items normally provided in print will be available online at fpchouston.org/live.
- Frequently touched surfaces will be cleaned and sanitized or disinfected immediately before and after worship services. Restrooms and common areas will be cleaned twice a day and FPC's cleaning team will circle the campus throughout the day to clean high-touch areas.
- Food and beverages, including water and coffee, will not be served before on campus, and drinking fountains will be shut off.
- Restrooms will be modified to enhance physical distancing.
Parking & Entrances
At this time, we request that all visitors utilize either the limited mobility parking spots (if applicable) or the North Lot. Sanctuary doors will be marked for entrance on Sunday mornings. Entrance to campus on weekdays is restricted to Welcome Center doors. At present, only staff and those visiting by appointment are permitted on campus.
Effective June 1, campus hours are as follows:
Monday through Thursday 8:00 AM – 4 PM
Saturday 12:00 PM – 4 PM
Sunday 8:00 AM – 4 PM
Outside of Sunday morning worship, which begins June 14, FPC buildings remain closed to all but FPC staff and those visiting by appointment.