Here to Serve Campus Updates
Take a look at photos of our Here to Serve projects happening all around the FPC Campus.
Revive your work, on earth as is in heaven.
Develop a theologically-informed imagination regarding all aspects of life, with a special emphasis on the place we spend most of our time—the workplace.
Practice the Way of Jesus
Among a community of cross-vocational peers, implement daily practices and spiritual rhythms that align your whole life to be purposed for others, driven by the love of Jesus.
Renew Work and Culture
Love your work back to what it was intended to be: an act of glorious worship.
We form men and women who lead from a core Christian commitment and worldview.
We empower Christian men and women to be the Church, the hope of the world.
We help men and women integrate their Christian faith with all of life.
We believe work is worship, and we help Christian men and women make it so.
It’s a lot of fun. Trust us.
Beginning Sept 18 until mid-May 2023, we will meet every Sunday over breakfast from 9–10:30 AM for hands-on teaching and community learning experiences, diving head first into applicable, Gospel-rich course content:
The Story: The Gospel Story as a Public Truth
The Characters: Who are we as people, and who is the God who redeems?
The Mission of the Church: What is our work along the way?
The End of the World: How do we engage this space, place, and time?
Making our Way: How do we get to where we are going?
We retreat overnight in the hill country of Texas to go deep on content and community formation.
Sept 16-17, 2022
Jan 6-7, 2023
May 13-14, 2023
Leading from Our Center
These retreats provide meaningful opportunities to get away from the buzz of the busy city, invest in community, and worship God together.
We also spend time discussing the most important concepts in the course which provide the paradigms that lead to our personal and group transformation over the 9-month program.
*Attending these retreats is a requirement of being a part of the 2022-2023 Class.
In addition to daily devotional content designed to shape and re-shape your heart and prayer life, we also assign practical projects which integrate our weekly course content and communal discussions. These projects include:
The Biblical Narrative Project
The Self-Counseling Project
The Redemptive Feedback Project
The Work-site Visit Project
The Cultural Renewal Project
The Personal Devotional Project
These projects are designed to help apply and “make-practical” the course content and material so you can instantiate the needed rhythms of change and formation required in your life.
• Increased depth and sustainability in your gospel worldview
• Guidance for defining your mission for early career and beyond
• Developing a strategy for cultural renewal in your particular context
• Opportunity to learn from experienced Christian leaders
• Exposure to the Houston arts, cultural events, and mercy/justice outreach
• Instructors, mentors, and speakers
• Community-based learning
• An integrated curriculum on theology, worldview, faith, and work
• Group discussions and collaborative learning
• Guided devotionals and spiritual formation
This fee offsets the overall program cost. Covered under the fee are:
• over 14 theological works,
• weekly devotional resources,
• three weekend retreats, with all costs including meals and lodging provided
• gatherings throughout the year, including an MSF Christmas party, with meals and drinks provided
*Scholarship opportunities are available
Retreat 1: Fri- Sat | Sep 16-17, 2022 | Orientation
Retreat 2: Fri-Sat | Jan 6-7, 2023 | Heart Renewal
Retreat 3: Fri-Sat | May 13-14, 2023 | Leading from our Center