FPC Mission Statement
Compelled by the love of Jesus Christ and empowered by the Holy Spirit, we carry the gospel to Houston and to the world.
Statement of Faith
The ECO Essential Tenets and Confessions were adopted by the Session of First Presbyterian Church of Houston at its stated meeting on August 15, 2017. These Tenets and Confessions can be read in their entirety by clicking here.
Over the course of 2015, we worked together to add a set of core values to the mission and vision statements, born from our work defining Vision 2020. While our vision statement represents who we desire to become, our core values represent who we are. The following core values are now part of FPC's vision:
1. We experience Jesus through Gospel-based preaching, teaching, and worship.
2. We initiate ways to share Christ's love near and far.
3. We leverage our legacy to be a beacon for Christ.
4. We invest tirelessly in our children and youth as the future of our church.
5. We are a resilient community.
First Presbyterian Church of Houston, is affiliated with the Covenant Order of Evangelical Presbyterians (ECO). This means that its theology is Reformed as expressed in the Essential Tenets and the Book of Confessions and its governance is Presbyterian – ruled by elders – as defined in the Polity and Discipline of ECO, all under the authority of Jesus Christ as revealed in the Holy Scriptures.