"So Deeply we care for you that we are determined to share with you not only the gospel of God but also ourselves because you have become very dear to us."
Congregational Care, Support, and Recovery
We desire to care for and love you in the midst of a difficult time and to walk with you as you seek restoration and healing.
We are here to help as you:
- Seek pastoral counseling or need someone to talk with
- Need assistance to find a support group with one of our caring partners
- Need hospital visitation
- Undergo treatment in the medical center and need resources and support
- Walk through the loss of a loved one and need assistance to plan a memorial service
- Are unable to attend worship & would like to stay connected with a home visit or in-home communion
- Need prayer and would like to be on our prayer list
- Receive a prayer shawl provided by our Knitters With a Heart ministry
If you would like to volunteer and be involved with the caring ministry, please contact Patsy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 713.620.6546
Prayers of the People (POP) Volunteer Training
Saturday | Jan 18 | 9 AM-4 PM | Memorial Drive Presbyterian Church
Prayers of the People (POP) is the Hospital Ministry that trains Volunteers to do visits to patients in hospitals all around Houston, surrounding Counties and in a few countries beyond the USA. We would love to have your heart as part of this ministry – commissioned by Jesus Christ as shown in the Book of Matthew, 25:36 – “I was sick and you visited me;”
Hoping to see all of your wonderful hearts at this Training! For more information, contact Lija Shah at email@example.com.
GriefShare Support Group
Monday Evenings | 6:30-8:30 PM | CE 119
Next group: 1/27/20-4/27/20
GriefShare is a friendly, caring group of people who will walk alongside you through one of life’s most difficult experiences. You don’t have to go through the grieving process alone. Anyone who has gone through the loss of a loved one and needs support is welcome to attend.
For more information, contact Lija Shah at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Amazing Place Savvy Caregiver Class
Thursdays | Feb 13, 20 & 27 and March 5, 12 & 19 | 11 AM-1:30 PM* | FPC
Come join us for this six-week program on caregiving to learn about dementia caregiving. This free, six-session, two-hour class will provide:
- Opportunities to practice new behavior management skills
- Interactive coaching to identify solutions for individual issues
- Feedback to assess how applied strategies are working at home
*Lunch will be provided.
To register for an upcoming Savvy Caregiver program, please contact Sharon Cantrell, Amazing Place Caregiver Educator via email at email@example.com or by phone at 713.440.8177.
Amazing Place: Enriching Lives through fellowship, memory care, and wellness. || CanCare: An interfaith cancer service rooted in the religious community where cancer survivors and people of faith offer support to cancer patients and their families. || POP Ministry: A lay spiritual care hospital ministry care, support and Christian presence to Presbyterians, their families, and others in 11 Houston area hospitals.